Friday, October 30, 2009

HOLIDAY WEEK!

This past week the students have been on a half term break. During this time I was able to get a better handle on the town and surrounding area I am living in. I think this week has given me a better idea of the history and culture that I am now living and will be teaching in.

The Cornwall part of England, I have found, is a culture all to itself. It has a pride in its past and its individuality. I was able to attend a presentation about the late, Charles Causley, a poet who was born in and died in Launceston. I have also seen new attractions like the world famous Eden Project; two huge glass domes with different climates, one a rain forest and one the Mediterranean. Both are there to promote recycling and care of the earth.

I have also been planning for school. Next week I will begin to take over part of the class. I will be teaching the literature portion of the class that usually consists of an hour in the morning. I will have the challenge of adapting my lesson to meet the needs of a 2 grade level span of students ranging in abilities. I will be focusing on different styles and genres of fiction literature. I will include a range of activities for the students to be active learners. I am excited to get back in the classroom and really begin to work with these students!

No comments:

Post a Comment