Monday, November 30, 2009

Week of November 30

I am really feeling the crunch of the holiday break. We have been working for a few hours every week on the school's Christmas production called 'Hosanna Rock'. We have been holding practices for singing, instruments, and dancing along with practicing speaking parts. I am having a great time helping the students and staff with the production. I am a little sad that I am not going to be able to do a Christmas production again once I begin teaching in the United States, but I feel a little more prepared to help with a school production in the future.

This week in maths the students will be learning about fractions and percentages. I am quite excited to teach this lesson because fractions always scared me in school, and now. I was very glad I had Lisa to offer me support and for me to ask her if things that I wanted to try would work. I was happy to see that most of the students were already catching on to fractions by the end of the lesson.

In literature the students are working on their fiction stories. We went over different openings to stories. I gave the class examples of each by reading the first paragraph or two of 4 different books. The rest of the week we will be looking a little closer at the build-up, problem, events, resolution, and end to their stories.

On Wednesday I will not be at Trekenner because Neville has talked to 2 other schools (bigger schools) in the area to observe. I am really excited to see a little different set up than what I am used to. I think it will be a good thing to see a little more variety in schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment